Application For Registration Of Importers Under Rule 27 of the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011
Key points to be remembered while submitting the application form
- The applicant having place of business in Delhi area can only Apply!
- Online Fees For Manufacturer Rs. 500/-, Repairer Rs. 100/-, Dealer Rs. 100/-, Importers Rs. 500/-, Packers Rs.500/-.
All document should be self attested and uploaded in pdf file. The size of the pdf file should not be more than 2 MB.
If your file is more than 2 MB please reduce pdf file size through this link Click Here to reduce pdf file size.
- Passport size photograph should be uploaded in .jpg format only.
- Combine Multiple JPG files into one JPG file
- If Date of commencement of pre-packing/import is more than 90 days ago which is a violation of 27/32.You have to deposit late fee of Rs. 5000/-(per Director + one company). Demand Draft should be payable in favour of "Controller, Weights & Measures, Govt. of NCT of Delhi"
Mandatory Documents to be uploaded
- Licence for trade / manufacture / Factory / Lal Dora certficate from MCD/NDMC/DDA etc. In case the MCD licence is not available with the applicant, an undertaking in the form of affidavit is to be submitted that the business premises is not located in non-conforming area and / or is not likely to be sealed by the MCD or relocated.
- Residential Address proof of the proprietors/directors/partners like voter ID card, passport etc.
- GST/Sales Tax registration.
- Packing material / Slip /Sticker/ Label which is being pasted on the packages.
- Memorandum of Association of the Company,Partnership deed in respect of Partnership firms.
- Import-Export Code.
- Passport size photograph (all Directors/all Partners/Proprietor) through this link Combine Multiple JPG files into one JPG file
- Proof of commercial area
- Receipt of Offences for which challaned and whether it is compounded
Guidelines For The Grant Of Importer Licence
After submitting the complete application by the applicant along with the requisite fee, the concerned LMO of the concerned Zone visits the premises of the applicant and if the functioning of the firm found as per guidelines of the department, he recommends the application for granting the license / registration to the competent authority through the concerned Zonal officer. Thereafter the competent authority after scrutinizing grants its approval / rejection. On grant of license, automatic SMS alert and e-mail is sent to the applicant on registered mobile number. Applicant can print license / registration certificate digitally signed by the competent authority online.